The objective of IBS Cyprus within the professional training sector is the procurement for the market of Cyprus in both Greek and English of the specialized and internationally recognized professional Diplomas of the American Bankers Association (ABA). These Diplomas have been running in the USA and internationally for more than the last 100 years. Students may obtain professional Diplomas in banking as well as Certificates of attendance on relevant subjects.
Banking for ALL!
Each Diploma addresses the needs of High School or University graduates pursuing professional employment and development, in businesses and financial organizations.
- Recognized from all Businesses, Banks, the Central Bank of Cyprus and the Central Cooperative Bank.
- Provide more chances of recruitment and career in Banking Institutions and the financial departments of all Βusinesses.
Applications for Admission
Applications for admission are accepted throughout the year. Once completed, the Application Form should be delivered or sent to the Institute’s offices.
Tuition is imposed on the attendance of all courses leading to Certificate/ Diploma. Tuition is defined on a per hour course basis prior to enrollment and covers the entire course work offered within the academic year. The tuition per course covers all of the following:
- Registration fees to ABA for the credit hours
- Book or books and notes
- Training and assessment
- Diplomas, Certificates
- First examination
The diplomas offered are identical to those offered by the ABA. They are offered in two course cycles, one in each of the two semesters of the academic year:
- Fall Cycle (Fall Semester) - September to January
- Spring Cycle (Spring semester) – February to June
In each course cycle a certain number of courses are offered.
- For the acquisition of a Diploma, each student registered is compelled to attend and successfully complete the required courses, so as to accumulate the needed credits for the completion of a diploma.
- For each course completed with success, a student is granted a Certificate of attendance by the ABA. It is also possible to attend to individual courses for which is provided a Certificate of attendance by the ABA. The course work towards the Diploma comprises two parts:
First Part - 4 of the required courses
Second Part - the remaining of the required courses
- The courses are delivered and evaluated mainly in Greek. If there is a sufficient number of interested students English classes may be facilitated as well.
- In each course, a specialized text book prepared by American Bankers Association (ABA) is provided.
- The training is delivered in the form of lectures/seminars calling for the student's active participation.
- The courses are offered morning and afternoon hours.